"with a station on the Ryde and Newport Railway, is four miles to the west of Ryde and four from Newport. St. Edmunds Parish Church is an old Gothic building of considerable interest, and contains 130 sittings. The Wesleyans have a place of worship here. 

Letters arrive at 4.,10 a.m., and 2 p.m., and are dispatched at 11.45 a.m., and 8.45 p.m. Railway station box cleared at 7 p.m. 

Binstead is three miles nearer Ryde. The ancient Church of the Holy Cross should be visited, and Quarr Abbey, in this parish, is a place of peculiar interest. The Wesleyans have a place of worship and Sunday school here. 

Fishborne is a hamlet on the sea front of Binstead. 

Letters received at Binstead at 6.45 a.m., and 1 p.m.; Sundays, 645 a.m. Box cleared at 8.30 a.m., and 12.40 and 7 p.m. Fishborne box cleared 6.30 p.m.; Sundays, 8 am. 

Before proceeding to Newport we will mention one or two other places briefly. Among them " {Newchurch

The Minerva Isle of Wight Pictorial and Guide - circa 1900