West Wight old picture postcards
click on an image to view a larger version of the picture
dates, where given, usually refer to the date on the postmark
Totland pier was built in 1880 (re piers.org.uk), the hotel was demolished in the late 1970's.
The Alum Bay pier opened in 1887 and closed to the public in 1920 - it gradually deteriorated and finally 'disappeared' in the 1950's - (re piers.org.uk) .