Search again

Lake - Kelly 1935 - Civic, Commercial and Private entries- Page 2

(Some road names have changed over the years, see this document for some further info.)

    see in 1878     see in 1889     see in 1898     see in 1911     see in 1927

85 Results


<12>

Lake, Commercial
Nutter's, confectioners, 9 Sandown road
O'Grady Luke Standish L.R.C.P. & S.Irel., L.M. (attends daily), 47 Sandown road
Poole Hubert Frederick, outfitter, 5a & 7 Sandown road
Potts Arthur Frederick & Sons, sanitary engineers, 18 Sandown road
Povey Lily (Miss), draper, 5 Sandown road
Price Walter Henry, insurance agent, 23 Alfred road
Pursley Herbert, farmer, Merry Gardens farm
Rees Ada (Mrs.), confectioner, 12a, Percy road
Roberton's Dairies Ltd., 39 Sandown road
Rowanhurst Nursing Home (Miss M. R. Barr S.R.N., T.C.M. principal), 88 Sandown road
Salter Charles, dairy, Lake common
Searle Henry John, farmer, Oak Lynn
Sheath Phyllis M. (Miss) L.T.C.L. teacher of music, 7 Denness road
Sheath Wilfrid Herbert, butcher, 21 Sandown road
Shove David & Sons, boot & shoe repairers, Sandown road
Sibbeck Arthur Herbert, dairyman, Whitecross dairy
Smith Frank, butcher, 6 Sandown road
Snudden Edward, wheelwright, 38 Sandown road
Snudden Robert, upholsterer, Sandown road
Spencer P. E. & Sons, decorators, Norton villa, Sandown road
Sutton Edward, ironmonger, 17 Sandown road
Sweetman William & Edward, painters, 15 New road
Tribe Harry William, grocer, 50 New road
Webster Elizabeth Mary (Mrs.), Stag inn.
Whittington Frank & Lewis, builders,. 15 Sandown road
Woodhams E. & C., grocers, 3 Sandown road
Woolger John White, newsagent, 19 Sandown road
Lake, Civic
LAKE is a pretty village, a mile west from Sandown on the Ryde and Ventnor road, and is situated in a valley about half a mile from the sea. It was formed into an ecclesiastical parish from that of Sandown in 1930.
The church of the Good Shepherd, erected in 1892, is a building of stone, consisting of chancel, double nave, west porch, and a central belfrv, containing 2 bells : there are about 150 sittings. The living is a vicarage.
The Methodist chapel here was erected in 1877, and has about 100 sittings.
A Celtic cross, standing in the High road, was erected by public subscription in honour of the 210 Lake men who served their country by land, sea and air in the Great War, 1914-18.
The Working Men's Club, erected in 1891, is a neat brick building with a stone front.
The Shanklin cemetery is situated here.
The population in 1931 was 1,285.
Town Sub-Post, M. O. & Tel. Call Office (telegrams dispatched only). Letters through Sandown
85 Results


<12>

Search again

[Search 1844 directory]     [Search 1859 directory]     [Search 1898 directory]    [Search 1911 directory]     [Search 1927 directory]

[1904 street]    [1935 street]    [1951 street]